THE JOURNEY OF ELIJAH

05:16 Travel Bunny 1 Comments


DSCF4028
The arrival of my first baby signals the end of my pregnancy and the beginning of my motherhood. Here’s how the journey of Elijah begins.


IMG_4905
It started with an ordinary “boy meet girl, both fell in love and get married” kind of love story.


andrew_chinnee_891 
I thought my wedding day was the happiest day in my life but life prove otherwise. The happiest day in my life is actually the day when our first baby is born.


scan0001
The journey of my pregnancy started when my period was late for a week in January this year. To my pleasant surprise, my pregnancy test kit showed positive result. I even tested twice just to be sure.

So I quickly went for a check up at a gynaecologist clinic, Klinik Pakar Wanita Yan. I was overjoyed after being confirmed by Dr Wong Choon Meng that I’m 6 weeks pregnant. 2 weeks later, I went for another check up again. This time I could even hear the baby’s heartbeat.


scan0002
That’s my baby”s ultrasound image at 12 weeks. It was a sight of relief as it marked the end of the 1st Trimester. It signifies the end of the most critical point of my baby’s growth and development thus the risks of miscarriage and birth defects occurring drops drastically. The baby can now be seen moving his tiny hands and legs.

My baby is finally being promoted from embryo to foetus.


scan0003
It’s a boy! The doctor managed to spot something bulging between his legs at week 16. I was told that during the 2nd trimester, the morning sickness should subside. Well, I was still feeling nausea, not in the morning but at night.


201306071932490018OB
At week 20, the doctor advised me to have a thorough check on the health status of the baby which includes inspecting the conditions of the baby’s heart, brain, kidney, limbs, backbone and etc. The whole process took about half an hour to finish.


201306071935310020OB
The result showed that everything was normal. That’s great news! I’m also beginning to feel the baby’s movement and kicks. My baby bump also began to show and my morning sickness disappeared.


scan0004
Baby Elijah at week 24. Yep, me and my hubby have chosen a name for our baby. I’m half way there! Elijah’s back can be seen here. Hmm…I guess the baby was shy and does not want his picture to be taken.


scan0005 - Copy
Wohoo..the baby is 28 weeks old which marks the end of 2nd trimester. Hmm, can you make something out of this picture? It’s Elijah’s side view of his face. My hubby couldn’t make anything out of this picture until I pointed out to him.


scan0006a
From hereon we changed our doctor from Dr Wong to Dr Paul Ng of Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur. It wasn’t because Dr Wong is not good. In fact he’s an experienced and patient doctor. Dr Wong’s delivery hospital is Sunway Hospital and my hubby prefers Pantai Hospital due to the close proximity to his parent’s house.


DSCF3795
So how did I celebrate Elijah's successful entry into the third trimester? I went for a “babymoon” at Cameron Highlands. 


DSCF3822
I’ve been to Cameron Highlands many times before but this is the first time I’m spending it with my hubby and Elijah.


DSCF3828
Cameron Highland was my first holiday in year 2013.


DSCF3831
 I was beginning to feel hotter as the foetus radiated heat and my time spent at the cool weather of Cameron Highlands was definitely rejuvenating.


DSCF3902
 I spent two nights at Natasya Resort. I booked through their website at www.natasyaresort.com and had a very good deal at RM 95 (USD 30) per night.


DSCF3815
The resort was offering a very special rate most probably because of the off peak Puasa month.


DSCF3818
The resort was practically empty. Just for info, Natasya Resort shares the same compound as Hotel Equatorial. If I’m not mistaken, the lower units belongs to Natasya while Equatorial occupies the upper units.


DSCF3867
What I especially like about the unit is the spacious balcony.


DSCF3853
Enjoying a homemade steamboat. I bought the meat from Kuala Lumpur while the fresh vegetables are from Cameron Highlands. The previous night, I enjoyed a barbeque dinner.


DSCF3874
It was a relaxing holiday as I didn’t really go anywhere in Cameron Highlands except enjoying the view from the balcony with the company of my hubby.


DSCF3892
Well, I did go to the Ee Fung Gu Apiary. The Bee Farm is just a walk away from the resort.


DSCF3909
Not to be missed is also the Friday and Saturday night market. Bought some strawberries, vegetables and some snacks here. Usually the night market is packed but during the off peak month, the market was quiet. Good for me! No crowd and the items are sold at a very cheap price.


scan0007
Elijah at 32 weeks old. The nose and mouth were clearly visible while the eyes were being blocked by the umbilical cord in this snapshot. Dr Paul Ng says he has a masks on like Zorro.


scan0008
The doctor then managed to get a better picture of the baby’s face. He then continued to take the measurements of the baby. Hmm…all in accordance to a healthy growth.


DSC00146
I’m already 35 weeks pregnant, better take some maternity pictures as a memorabilia. Yup…I cut my hair. It’s just so hot!


DSCF3950
Elijah, this’s your papa and mommy with you in mommy’s womb.


DSCF3963
Mommy is really excited and looking forward to your birth.


DSC00171
We can’t wait to see you soon.


DSCF3974
From 36 weeks thereon, I had to go for weekly check-ups to monitor the baby’s progress.


DSCF3977
At the end of 39th week pregnancy, I began to have regular contractions during midnight one night. And I knew it was time to check in to the hospital.


DSCF3988
My contraction reading hit 90, which was excruciating pain.


DSCF3994
“Congratulations! You have a baby boy.”

After all the pushing and hard work, baby Elijah finally announced his arrival to this world by crying out loud.


DSCF3995
Dr. Paul Ng with the help of the nurses gently placed my baby boy on my stomach so that I can meet him for the vey first time. His umbilical cord was still attached to his belly then. The nurse then quickly sucked out the fluid in my baby’s throat as he continued kicking and crying.


DSCF3996
My dear Elijah, now that the 9 months of waiting is finally over, your papa and I can hardly express the awe, pride and disbelief that we felt when we first saw you.
 
 
DSCF3999
He weighed a healthy weight of 2.82kg which is approximately 6.2 pounds.
 
 
DSCF4001
Elijah trying to adjust to his life outside my womb.
 
 
DSCF4004
Elijah’s first peek.
 
 
DSCF4007
After weighing and measuring Elijah, he is brought over to my side.
 
 
DSCF4020
Awww…he sure looks adorable. Is it just me or does every parent feel the same when they see their baby? Because I thought he is the most beautiful baby that I’ve ever seen in my life.
 
 
DSCF4026
Yawn! Sleepy, sleepy.
 
 
DSCF4031
Everything feels so right when he is sleeping soundly in my arms.
 
 
DSC00182
Sometimes Elijah will stick out his tongue cheekily during his sleep. “Mummy…I’m hungry.”
 
 
DSC00234
Trying to coax him to stop crying when he wakes up.
 
 
DSC00230
My dear Elijah,

Welcome to this world and this family. We love you so much.


You Might Also Like

1 comment: