[JAPAN] Tokyo - Cheap and Delicious Tendon at Kanneko Hanasuke

17:53 Travel Bunny 0 Comments


DSC07966
Priced at only 950 yen, the Edomae Tendon (tempura rice) at Kanneko Hanasuke is perhaps the most affordable tendon in Tokyo. Cheap and delicious food is well worth a special trip and I decided to pay it a visit while I was in Tokyo this year.


DSC07968
I took the Metro Ginza line to Mitsukoshimae (G12) station. This is exit A1, which is the nearest exit to the restaurant, about 1 minute walk.


DSC07969
Once you see the Family Mart, just take a left turn around the corner. Then take another left turn on the first junction on your left.


DSC07967
Walk straight and turn right when you see this junction. The restaurant is just around the corner where people is lining up. I took this photo after I’ve finished my meal and got out from the restaurant. When I came in the morning, there’s no queue yet and I missed this junction a few times before getting it right.


DSC07958
The signage of Kanneko Hanasuke. There was already three people in front of me when I reached there 15 minutes before it opened.


DSC07960
This is the Edomae Tendon served in the restaurant.


DSC07959
You must be present in person and wait in the line yourself. You can’t ask someone else to wait in the line on your behalf then just cut into the line later.


DSC07962
You can take a cup of free black bean tea while waiting in line. The tea was warm so it’s nice especially if you’re waiting in cold weather.


DSC07963
Menu of Kanneko Hanasuke. Edomae Tendon is the only tendon served in the restaurant. However, you can opt for a larger bowl of rice at 100 yen, add on a miso soup (120 yen), bottled beer (600 yen) or add another serving of fried conger eel (500 yen), Japanese Whiting fish (300 yen), shrimp (200 yen), squid and Kobashira Clam Kakiage (200 yen) and egg (100 yen).


DSC07965
There are only 20 seats in the restaurant, including 6 counter seats on first floor and 14 seats with table on second floor. If you come alone, you’ll most likely be seated in front of the counter where you can see the chef in action (frying the ingredients and serving it in a rice bowl).


20180310_101353
Here comes my tendon! I was pleasantly surprised by its generous serving. Black bean tea is free of charge. There’re also some free pickles in the bowls above the counter if you want some. I read that the miso soup is mediocre, so I didn’t order it.


20180310_101355
Each tendon is served with one giant conger eel, two shrimps, one soft boiled egg, squid and Kobashira Clam Kakiage. There’s also a fried chili and fried seaweed. The secret sauce used on the tempura and rice makes it even more delicious.

It was a really satisfying meal. Two thumbs up! I would definitely recommend this to anyone and would love to come back again if I have the chance. It’s best to come early before the restaurant opens if you don’t want to wait in long queue.


Kanneko Hanasuke
Opening hours: Sat-Sun: 10am – 9pm, Mon-Fri: 11am – 10pm
Website: http://kaneko-hannosuke.com/english/
Credit Cards Not Accepted.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: