THAILAND - Learning Scuba Diving in Phuket

18:25 Travel Bunny 8 Comments

DSC02576The main objective that I came to Phuket this time is to learn Scuba Diving. It is a 3 day course that allows us to earn the licence to dive.


DSC02574Our first day of the Scuba Diving Course started at a swimming pool. Here we learnt and practiced all the required skills of diving in confined water for beginners like us. We have watched some videos beforehand so that we can save time on learning the theory and spend more time on the practical.


DSC02578There were other people learning diving in the pool too. Learnt to put on all the diving gears and equipment before starting to go into the pool. And it was really heavy, especially for a girl like myself. Spent around 6 to 7 hours that day to learn all the basic skills. And to tell the truth, it wasn’t easy.


DSC02577One important advice is to remember to put on sunblock before going into the water. I was careless and forgot to put on the sunblock. By the time I realised it, it was already too late – I was already sun burnt.


DSC02579The guy on the left is David whom we booked the diving package with and the guy on the right is our diving instructor, Simon.


DSC02582After a day of hard work and learning, I’m ready to make a move.


DSC02583Rested for the rest of the day so that I’ll be ready for the next day’s challenge – dive in the sea.


DSC02627In the next morning, a van picked us up from our hotel and fetched us to the harbour.


DSC02626The diving site was at Racha Yai, a site suitable for a beginner like me.


DSC02658These are the buses that commute between the land and where the ferries are.


DSC02629Getting ready to board the ferry. Behind me is our cheeky instructor, Simon.


DSC02630The refreshment area in the ferry.


DSC02632This time I learnt my lesson and put on the sunblock. The skin on my hands were still burn though. Here’s another important tips which is take the sea sick pill at least half an hour before you reach the open sea. This is because the sea is unpredictable and the waves was really rough that day, many people who were unprepared got sea sick, including my hubby.


DSC02634My poor sea sick hubby who vomited three times that day. Thank God I took the pill or I’d ended up like him. We only dive twice that day and we didn’t cover much skills that day because we were both not in our best condition.


DSC02635This the wet area where everyone get into their wet suits, diving gears and equipment. The gas tank lining up behind me were all securely tied so that they won’t fall over and hit somebody.


DSC02638Simon with his V sign.


DSC02642Diver’s fins.


DSC02647Yucks, someone vomited on the bench. If you have to vomit, do it at the sea, not inside the boat, please.


DSC02656See how rough the waves were? Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day to dive.


DSC02644
I was moving all about the boat trying to take some pictures.


DSC02622Completely exhausted we headed back to the hotel. The picture is actually two ladies having a quick nap.


DSC02803This is the second day to dive. The sea was calmer and I got to enjoy myself more in the sea.


DSC02804Speed boats in the area.


DSC02796Hey, fishy, here I come.


DSC02798Another dive boat.


DSC02795Dived thrice that day. It was interesting to see the animals of the sea up close instead of just snorkelling at the surface of the sea.


DSC02806If you’re interested to learn Scuba Diving, you can always look up at their website at www.phuketdivetours.com.


DSC02807Yay, mission accomplished. I officially pass the course and have the licence to dive.


DSC02809Did not have a underwater camera with me so no underwater pictures to post. Well I did see fishes, corals, eels and a pair of squid mating.


DSC02805You are not allowed to wear shoes on board. All the shoes were lined up before we leave the boat.


DSC02811Breathing underwater is an unforgettable experience. Will I do it again? We’ll see.

You Might Also Like

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your wonderful blog with cool pics! I really enjoy your blog.
    Padi Phuket Rawai | Trips Phuket Thailand

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers best snorkeling destination

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one Dear! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Please give more information about Phuket Dive Sites I want to know more about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Post. This article is really beneficial. These are the pertinent advice. I want to spread the word to my friends. Visit this page to learn more about me. exterminator white rock

    divemaster indonesia
    dive courses

    ReplyDelete