[MALAYSIA] New Instagram-worthy BookXcess at RexKL

13:51 Travel Bunny 0 Comments


BookXcess has opened its latest flagship store in RexKL, which is located right in the heart of the city. Its maze-like wooden book shelves and colourful books makes it the new Instagram-worthy bookstore in KL.

RexKL was an old cinema building on Jalan Sultan, which is nearby Petaling Street. In my secondary school days, I used to pass by this cinema everyday on my way to school. I'm glad that the building is preserved and given a new lease of life. I'm also curious to see how this building is transformed inside out and decide to check it out after seeing the beautiful photos online.

The old floor tiles and the main structure are preserved inside. If you want to visit BookXcess, it is located on the second floor. BookXcess occupies the upper floor of the old cinema's main hall. 


Besides the children book section, you can see this quirky painting on the wall.

There is a wooden staircase leading up to this section. It is a nice space but this is not the main part of the book store.

You need to go through the staircase in the middle to reach the Instagram-worthy section. And it sure doesn't disappoint.




I love the maze-like wooden structure where you can find surprises in every corner. Although the space is not big, I fell like I could easily spent an afternoon here. 








Try to find the hidden wooden staircase to upper floor of the bookstore, where you'll get the panoramic view of the whole book store.


There's a restaurant on the upper floor of the book store.

Overall, this book store really left quite an impression on me. Would love to visit again and really spend time here. 

BookXcess at RexKL
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm (Tue - Sun)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: