[MALAYSIA] Tips on Taking Instagrammable Photo at KL Street Art Lane (Map Included)

11:39 Travel Bunny 0 Comments



The colourful mural and street arts between Changkat Bukit Bintang and Jalan Berangan makes it a popular spot to take instagrammable photo. I was there yesterday during my office lunch hour for a quick photo stop and I  instantly fell in love with place. Here's are my tips on how to take instagrammable photo here.

Getting there:

Easiest to get there by public transport is by taking the MRT to Bukit Bintang/Pavilion station and exit at Exit A. Walk straight until you reach Replica Inn, then take a right turn. You can take a right turn either before or after the Replica Inn.



Here's the detailed map including the numbered instagrammable spots. (Click to see enlarged map)

1) This street is called The Lost Stream of Jalan Alor. Alor refers to a narrow stream or channel. although there is no such feature to be found at Jalan Alor today, a 1921 map of Kuala Lumpur shows that a small stream once ran along this path.

I met two friendly aunties who asked if I would like them to take photographs of me. Of course, I said yes. I have to say she is so savvy in taking photos. She even taught me how to pose in front of the camera. I was so lucky! I owed it to her to have my photos taken here. A big thank you to you, Joanne. Can you please be my personal photographer, please? (haha)

The floor is drawn as if there is a small stream ran along this street. The green walls is a great backdrop for photos too.


2) The intersection of The Lost Stream of Jalan Alor is another instagrammable spot. Remember to capture the green tall building with the 'clouds' hanging above.


3) This is one of my favourite photo spots at The Lost Stream of Jalan Alor. Love the clouds hanging above. Thankfully, it was not a rainy day. The weather was hot and sunny in mid noon.

4) Back to the intersection of the green street and the bright colourful street. Here's another shot taken by Joanne with her phone, she is such a pro.

5) Further down the path, there is a large mural of a woman posing with 'V' sign with bright orange and yellow background. I borrowed this photo from Joanne (I asked for her consent, of course) as she managed to climb up to take a really hip and cool photo with the mural. Kudos to her! 

6) The mural of a girl sniffing a flower is great instagrammable spot too. Credits to Joanne for taking this photo of me.

There are a few stools here in front of the giant dragonfly mural if you want to take photo here. 

7) If you want a great photo of the intersection between the bright, warm colour palette street with the cold colour pallete street, then walk up a few steps and take the photo from this spot.

The blue street is also a great place to take instagrammable photos.

8) This is the photo I took standing at the end of the blue street. I wish I could stay here longer and take more photos. Simply can't get enough of this place. 

Be creative, take a good photographer with you (very important, people were asking who was taking my photos, haha) and most of all, have fun taking instagrammable photos here.

Google Map:

You Might Also Like

0 comments: