JAPAN - Ghibli Museum, Mitaka

15:32 Travel Bunny 0 Comments

DSCF2239[4]I’ve always been a fan of anime from Studio Ghibli and I’ve watched almost every anime produced by them. But unfortunately the Ghibli Museum was under renovation at that time. So I wasn’t able to purchase a ticket and went in. Regardless of that, I still decided to pay Ghibli Museum which is located in Mitaka a visit.


DSCF2211I was staying in Ueno. Ueno Park is just within walking distance from the hotel. It is one of Japan’s first public parks.


DSCF2216This is the lotus pond in the park.


DSCF2222Ameyayokocho is a narrow and busy market street in Ueno which is located next to the Ueno Station. Shops on this street sells products ranging from mainly food to clothing, miscellaneous goods, cosmetics and jewellery.


DSCF2219A girl in hot pants walking towards the Ueno Station.


DSCF2208A wall mural in Ueno Station.


DSCF2461Surprisingly there is also a Hard Rock Cafe in the station.


DSCF2223Waiting for the train. I’m taking the JR Chuo line to reach Mitaka station.


DSCF2224It was off peak hours. So I got to sit comfortably in the women only train section.


DSCF2226This is the bus stop where you can wait for the bus which commute between Mitaka Station and the musuem.


DSCF2230I prefer to walk though. It was just a 15 minutes walk along the Tamagawa Josui to the museum. There are signs along the way so I just follow the signs.


PB120691DSCF2231Finally I’m at the park where the museum is.


DSCF2236
DSCF2238The park called Inokashira Park. And the park feels almost as whimsical as the Totoro forest.


DSCF2235PB120693PB120698Finally I reached the Ghibli Museum. For your information, the reserved tickets can only be bought in advance at LAWSON convenient stores. Here is the link on how to purchase the tickets because the ticket selling machine is in Japanese. http://www.lawson.co.jp/ghibli/museum/ticket/english.html


DSCF2240I was excited to see the museum at last.


DSCF2243Too bad I couldn’t go in.


PB120696So near yet so far. Maybe next time.


DSCF2241The cute Robot from “Laputa – Castle in the Sky”.


PB120701This is the front entrance of the museum.


DSCF2247
DSCF2245Seemed like I wasn’t the only one who visit the museum although it was closed.


DSCF2246A giant Totoro at the entrance. How I wish it was opened that day.


PB120699Straw Hat Cafe.


DSCF2248Goodbye, Ghibli Museum. Sob, sob.


DSCF2253I’ll definitely come back again one day.


PB120692DSCF2255

Previous<<

You Might Also Like

0 comments: